Seeking Interim Choir Director/Accompanist
A music-loving, liberal, and supportive congregation that welcomes diverse beliefs seeks
an experienced part-time pianist with choir directing skills to work with a small volunteer
choir with varied member experience. We hope to find an individual who is up for having
some fun, leading and enhancing the choir, and exploring the power of music within our
- Hours: Approximately 4-6 hours per week, including:
- Sunday service 10:30-11:45 am
- Rehearsals: Sundays 9:30-10:15 am; Wed 6-7:30 pm
- Occasional special events & holidays as agreed upon
Starting as soon as possible: 3-4 weeks per month (negotiable) through August, may
renew contract pending permanent Music Director search completion. Interim Director
will not be excluded from the search process if interested.
Salary: Negotiable, pending experience and range of hours
The Interim Director
- Works with the Worship Team (Worship Associates, Tech Team, Minister/Speaker, Music Committee) preparing for services.
- Provides appropriate & meaningful music (prelude & offertory) options for all worship services (including solo piano)
- Recruit, rehearse, and develop regular choir members & other musicians for special music
- Arranges for coverage when not present for scheduled times
- Secures music resources & maintains the music library (with volunteers)
- Arranges for the maintenance and preservation of our beautiful Steinway grand piano & electronic keyboard.
- Adheres to the music budget
- Participates in occasional brief meetings with colleagues & congregants as needed, & in supervisory check-ins with Board representative
- Communicates as needed in a timely & direct manner, including using email.
- Operates within the context of the AUUMM Code of Professional Conduct
Joins us in:
- Acting with equity regarding artist copyrights
- Seeking a diversity of styles, perspectives, and musical expressions, while being mindful of appropriation
- Creating a welcoming, patient, and collaborative atmosphere
- A respectful and increasing understanding of Unitarian Universalism and our congregation’s mission, structure, and policies
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 941-627-4303