Seeking Audio/ Visual Specialist
- Hours: Approximately 2-6 hours per week, including:
- Sunday service 10:30-11:45 am
- Sunday setup time: 9:30-10:30
- Occasional special events & holidays as agreed upon
Starting as soon as possible all Sundays through August (Negotiable), may
renew contract pending permanent A/V Specialist search completion. Interim Specialist
will not be excluded from the search process if interested.
Salary: Negotiable, pending experience and range of hours
The Interim A/V Specialist Duties
- Oversee and Run Live-streaming and applicable technology for Sunday services and special events
- Work with and advise the Worship Team (Worship Associates, Minister/Speaker, Music Committee, Choir, & Board of Trustees) focusing on all audio/visual and telecommunication needs, objectives and capabilities, including anticipation of future requirements and troubleshooting potential problems
- Support the volunteer choir during Sunday services (play provided Youtube or recorded music)
- Arrange for coverage when not present for scheduled times (Eventually)
- Update current manuals of technical instructions, operating procedures, and documentation for all A/V and other technical systems used if new equipment is added.
- Coordinate volunteer training on the operation of these systems.
- Coordinate with the office for warranty work, maintenance agreements, and timely repair of equipment for all vendor contracts covering audio/visual and telecommunications equipment.
- Provide on-site occasional repair, reconfiguration, adjustments, and replacement of audio-visual and telecommunications equipment and supplies. Perform testing and regular preventative maintenance. Ensure appropriate security mechanisms are in place to maintain a secure environment.
- Adhere to the technology budget
- Participate in occasional brief meetings with colleagues & congregants as needed, & supervisory check-ins with Board representative
- Communicate as needed in a timely & direct manner, including using email.
- Operate within the context of the AUU Code of Professional Conduct
Joins us in:
- Acting with equity regarding artist copyrights
- Seeking a diversity of styles, perspectives, and musical expressions, while being mindful of appropriation
- Creating a welcoming, patient, and collaborative atmosphere
- A respectful and increasing understanding of Unitarian Universalism and our congregation’s mission, structure, and policies
For more information about this position:
Go to: https://www.uufcc.org/seeking-audio-visual-specialist/
For information about this Fellowship go to: www.uufcc.org
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.